The PRESTIGE project is structured in 6 Work Packages as illustrated below.
The project will be initiated with WP2, which will enable to define of the five cases specifications, and followed by WP3 and WP4 with the implementation of an innovative design-driven methodology.
According to these specifications, the advanced materials will be developed within WP3, while in parallel the manufacturing processes and the development of the components will be done in WP4.
Then, all business, artistic and design show cases will be manufactured and tested in order to validate the business, artistic and design cases demonstrations WP5.
In parallel of the technical and design development, two workpackages will be dedicated respectively to the project management (WP1) and the dissemination and exploitation of the results towards all the targeted communities (WP6).
To develop an effective and comprehensive technical, administrative and financial management to ensure the successful execution of the PRESTIGE project and the achievements of its objectives. Specific objectives will be:
- To ensure the achievement of all project’s objectives on time, quality and costs.
- To manage and coordinate smoothly and efficiently the PRESTIGE partners, ensuring the achievement of the specific objectives from each of the WPs.
- To communicate a high-quality project reporting to the EC.
Work Package 2 describes the definition and the implementation of a design-thinking framework for the project that brings together designers, artists, materials and process scientists, material suppliers, manufacturers / systems integrators, end users and consumers to create product prototypes that make use of advanced materials developed within the project. The work package aims to:
- Engage the creative community combining intangible factors (artistic expression, enhanced sensations, cultural values) as well with user orientation with PRESTIGE advanced printed materials performances at the early stages of product design through new collaborative strategies.
- Embed design for a circular economy / modular principle throughout the design process, ensuring eco-innovation and that the new materials developed within the project can be managed appropriately at end-of-life.
Iteratively develop aesthetic and functional prototypes that employ the materials developed in the project in end-product and artistic demonstrations.
The objective of this WP is mainly:
- To develop printed electroactive polymers for haptic application.
- To develop printed photoactive materials for energy harvesting.
- To develop nitroxyde based polymers for storage capacities of printed batteries and fluorine-free materials for printed supercapacitors.
- To develop conductive inks for electrical interconnections and RFID antennas.
To develop advanced manufacturing processes and components in order to manufacture high added-value demonstrators. Specific objectives will be:
- To develop advanced printing processes of foils.
- To elaborate overmoulding processes.
- To develop sol gel processing in order to craft nanocomposite coatings.
- To develop electronic components.
To perform aging measurements and warranty sufficient lifetime (3 to 5 years depending on the case).
To validate the new materials and manufacturing processes associated with the innovative design strategy, building three final products responding to three critical urban living challenges: haptic feedback for increased road safety and automation, “quantified-self” digital trends and waste management. Specific challenges will be:
- To design the three demonstrators within the constraints.
- To manufacture the three demonstrators.
- To functionally validate the performance of the three Business Cases.
- To demonstrate the modularity of the developed designs.
- To assess the environmental performance of the three demonstrators.
To develop a dissemination and exploitation plan to define opportunities for communicating and spread the project’s goal. PRESTIGE has the ambition to reach a large audience from different fields of activity. Specific objectives will be:
- To lead specific communication actions.
- To conduct dissemination actions for Europeans SMEs.
- To carry out dissemination actions for the material suppliers and designers.
- To perform dissemination actions towards the artist community.
- To develop an exploitation strategy and plan.
- To manage intellectual property rights